Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Breaking News

random

Comedian and actor Vir Das issues an apology after he made a disrespectful joke on the transgender community

Comedian and actor Vir Das on Sunday was brutally criticized after he hurt the sentiments of the transgender community with his joke. The actor came forward and apologized for delivering a derogatory punch on the transgenders. He also admitted to having committed chaos by his words. Vir Das had made a bad joke and evidently spoke ill about transgender people by making fun of gender pronouns.

Comedian and actor Vir Das issues an apology after he made a disrespectful joke on the transgender community

The Badmaash Company star made this offensive move on the latest episode of TenOnTen Tribalism & Cancel Culture vs Comedy streaming on YouTube. Screenwriter Gazal Dhaliwal and designer Saisha Shinde had also slammed Vir Das for his disrespect towards transgender persons. The comedian took to his Twitter and issued a statement through which he apologized for his behavior and also attached the screenshot he had with one of his Queer fan where he expressed his anger. He wrote, "For Amaan. Thankyou for this conversation".

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Vir Das (@virdas)


Vir Das' apology statement read, "“I did a joke on the new ten on ten episode that my friends in the Trans community felt hurt by. I see why. My intent in the moment, was to say Trans people have courage the Govt never ever could and it was set up wrong and uninformed. I messed up. It had the opposite effect and trivialized your struggle. Articulating my intent effectively is my responsibility, not yours. I got that joke wrong. Plain and simple. No buts. Sometimes (a lot) people are upset because the joke really worked, sometimes because the joke doesn’t. My audience understands comedy, they can take a joke. So, when they talk to me, I listen. I’d like to be an artist who unabashedly deliberately uncomfortably pushes the line every single day, and never stops acknowledging his audience, always using their voice as his guide. A conversation, where the focus is on them, always. Amaan, thank you for your message. Know that I see you, I heard you, your struggle. I’m in this conversation, I’ll always listen and you will always inform my comedy."


Vir apologized to his non-binary fan Amaan and promised that after the controversy cools down a bit he will issue a statement and apologize to all the people he indirectly hurt.

Also Read10 Years of Delhi Belly: Vir Das reveals he gave five auditions in two years for the ‘crazy’ movie



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3CPkZNO
Comedian and actor Vir Das issues an apology after he made a disrespectful joke on the transgender community Reviewed by dsp on August 15, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER ANY SPAM LINK IN COMMENT BOX

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.