Top Ad unit 728 × 90

Breaking News

random

"Taimur was an abrupt Caesarean. I literally had no milk for over 14 days. I was completely dry" – Kareena Kapoor Khan

Kareena Kapoor Khan's much awaited book, ‘Kareena Kapoor Khan's Pregnancy Bible: The Ultimate Manual for Moms-To-Be’ was released yesterday. Co-written by Aditi Shah Bhimjyani, this book provides some very useful information about what one should expect while expecting a child and at regular intervals, Kareena has also shared her experiences.

"Taimur was an abrupt Caesarean. I literally had no milk for over 14 days. I was completely dry" – Kareena Kapoor Khan

In the very beginning, Kareena Kapoor Khan emphasized that mothers can't do all and that they should not shy away from taking help from their husband, in-laws, parents or the house help. The actress is a mother of two sons - Taimur and Jehangir aka Jeh - and she thanked her domestic staff for looking after her family all the years. She also added that "Saif and I are both working parents. Our lives would hardly be possible without them. And I want you to know that I don't have to be on Instagram putting a child to my breast to prove I am a hands-on mom. I just do the best I can, every single day."

At one point in the book, Kareena talks about an important aspect of motherhood - breastfeeding - and that like all first-time moms, she was also anxious about it. Unfortunately for the talented actress, she had a tough time here. She wrote, "Taimur was an abrupt Caesarean. I literally had no milk for over 14 days. I was completely dry."

Kareena then recollected how she would sit on a chair with Taimur and would try to desperately feed him. "My mom and my nurse would be hovering by my side, pressing at my boobs and wondering why 'it' wasn't happening," she wrote nonchalantly.

It's only after a fortnight that Kareena Kapoor Khan was able to lactate a little. Formula feeds came to the rescue. For a few months, she confessed that she was able to "semi-nurse him".

Thankfully, when Jehangir was born, Kareena didn't face much of a problem. She wrote that "(During Jeh's birth), I had much better flow and did manage to nurse him." She later also said, "I'll admit it - breastfeeding him (and doing it exclusively for a few weeks) felt like an achievement!"

Also Read: Kareena Kapoor Khan says she lost sex drive during pregnancy; Saif Ali Khan was supportive



from Featured Movie News | Featured Bollywood News - Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/3s8HEQe
"Taimur was an abrupt Caesarean. I literally had no milk for over 14 days. I was completely dry" – Kareena Kapoor Khan Reviewed by dsp on August 10, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER ANY SPAM LINK IN COMMENT BOX

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.